Asundry thoughts by Stephanie Morgan, the singer for Stephaniesĭd, pop-noir band from Asheville, NC.

2.11.2010

I did not journal today.

I go to a sewing class on Thursday mornings. It's part of a thing I call "Friend College", where I looked up some continuing ed classes thru the local community college and circled the ones I wanted to take, then emailed a bunch of friends who I thought might have the time to see if they wanted to take any of the classes with me. And several did, so I'm seeing my 3-class schedule as a time to hang out with friends I don't always run into while learning some actual skills. So there was a snow delay today (I do think I saw a flake skimmering across the road) and one of my schoolmates called just after I woke up, asking me if I wanted to meet for breakfast before class. I said 'yes' without hesitation. Friend College rocks, even (and certainly because) of the spontaneous ditching opportunities, one of which I knew would happen this morning because there was clearly not enough time to complete a breakfast outing and get to class on time, even with the delay. Only downside: I did not journal this morning. I always do. Like Peter Gabriel says in that sweet sweet song "In Your Eyes," "It keeps me awake and alive." Hanging out with this particular friend tends to do same. But that's a different story. She doesn't perform the mundanely critical tasks of plugging my left brain to my right, serving up a meticulously detailed schedule for the day, or sitting patiently while I write several times in a row "I don't feel like writing today. I don't feel like writing today. I don't feel like writing today." Actually, I suspect that she might. She's a superb friend. But I wouldn't think of treating her to that narcissistic party over breakfast. Long story short, amidst the serendipity I neglected to hold the narcissistic party at all today. So I feel kind of crazy. Not crazy like "waaaaaaah" but crazy like I just don't know what to do with myself any given second... like I have no focus or purpose. I commit to journaling all days.

Upsides: Fabulous breakfast, reminder of fabulous friend. Cook kissed me on the head. Female cook. Sweetie-pie. Will repeat these upsides any day. And journal later.

No comments: