Asundry thoughts by Stephanie Morgan, the singer for Stephaniesĭd, pop-noir band from Asheville, NC.

8.05.2010

Singles

8:17am - up early to drive to Charlotte for a meeting (one of my a-few-hours-a-month jobs; I do homestudies of families applying to adopt children who are in the custody of Dept. of Social Services). Put on big-girl clothes, kind of. I can never decide. Really I just opted out of anything torn.

Dreamt about singer/songwriter Dar Williams and her song "What do you Hear in these Sounds?". I'd like to meet her (I did briefly once last year when Sid played just before her at Bele Chere fest in Asheville, but we didn't get to talk - that's what I'd want to do - just spend an evening, with some wine).

Mixed 3 new singles yesterday w/ Jeff Knorr at Collapseable Studio/A'ville. He's got great ears for a mix; knows where to put all the sounds. I'm designing new website and the dreamy Chad Pry is going to make it function. Then the singles will be downloadable on a pay-what-you-want basis.

Hot in the house. Too hot to really plug in. Looking forward to the van ride, which is air-conditioned and ipod-ready.

Today: focus.

No comments: